Linda wrote above our prompt that she is needs inspiration and she’s not even close to being ready (fore Christmas.) Here’s our prompt for this week:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “ingle.” Find a word that contains “ingle” and use it any way you’d like in your post. Have fun!
The first thing that popped into my head was “single.” The first Christmas after my 20 year marriage ended was hard. I had a party to cheer myself up. I haven’t had a party in my little house in many years because of dog hair and dog smells, but my friends didn’t care back then, though I didn’t have a 17 year old dog that has accidents.
This is Mary Moo. She’s 17 and a half and the last of the five pack. She gets lost in the back yard sometimes.
What a tangent. I didn’t want to go there. Except that I am going to have another party or drum circle or something like that again at my house one of these days.
At my long ago Christmas party we sang the “12 Days of Christmas” and broke into groups to sing our parts. I was part of the “three French hens,” with three other women. It was a lot of fun and we, Oui, French hens laughed about it for weeks. A good memory. If and when I have another party there will be singing.
I went Christmas caroling with my church folks a little while ago which was Friday evening. It was fun but I’m tired. We went to barber shops and a wine place and other shops in the old downtownish area near my church. Some people were surprised and some clapped. We also went to houses in the neighborhood. One lady cried when we sang “Silent Night.” I like caroling, but it can be exhausting. Maybe I’ll take it easy Saturday.
There was a another ingle word. Oh! Yes, we sang Jingle Bells. I wonder if Pentatonix sings Jingle Bells, cause I LOVE Pentatonix. Okay, I checked and they do, but it’s REALLY fast, like chipmunks. We’re not doing that one. I like slow Pentatonix.
I just caught myself pursuing YouTube Christmas songs which is outside the Stream of Consciousness, but then, when I realized it, I went to the video on the top of my screen and picked it, bringing myself back to the stream. Fortunately, I like it. Hope you do, too.
Linda, I hope you don’t stress to much about not being ready for Christmas. I hope none of us do. Because, as the Grinch learned, we can’t stop Christmas from coming, even if we’re not ready. Even if we don’t participate, it will come. I hope it’s a wonderful Christmas for all, what ever that means for each of us, whatever holy day or holiday you celebrate or hibernate, because sometime hibernating is celebrating.
For more streams and info on SoCS, visit Linda by clicking this link:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!