Today’s prompt for the stream of consciousness is, “frame.” We can use it as a noun or a verb and we are to have fun!
I have to start over. Last night I worked on my SoCS post. The stream took me somewhere I don’t want to go yet. Then I started to edit. I couldn’t help myself. Just a little tweak here. And a little tweak there. And then I realized, this topic is better left for another time when I can edit at will. So here we go again with take two.
Frame. Frames. I buy a lot of my frames at thrift stores. I’ll see a cool frame without a plan sometimes for it, but I’m trying to get away from that. One frame I did have a plan for that I got at a thrift store for probably 75 cents had some mass produced art in it. I took that out. It’s not always easy to find a square frame the right size, but I needed one for my collage, the one that brought my soul mate back to me.
This is one of the collages I’ve done at the beginning of each year. There are several, but this is my favorite. It has no words like the others, except that I wrote 2011 on the easel on the left. On the right is a man walking toward the woman who looks kinda like me. He’s in the distance and coming out of the darkness toward the yellow flowers. It was in 2011 that David found me again, my first love come back after 39 years when the time was perfect. I hope you’re not tired of hearing about that. Anyway, I like the frame, and now the collage is hanging in our bedroom where it should be.
The collage was made from magazine pictures. I hope this is not an infringement to post them here and apologize if I’m using some one else’s images, but they all worked miracles in my life, so thank you. I will be happy to give you credit for your images if you let me know.
I put the owl up there, because I needed wisdom to not just follow my urges based on loneliness. “Follow your heart, but take your brain with you,” as the saying goes. I needed that owl’s help to make sure. Now, art and nature are coming back into my life. Maybe art and nature are my original first loves that will always be with me.
What do you want to manifest in your life? Have you ever made a collage or other creative work of your hearts desires? It works! Not always right away, but focus on what you love and desire, and the good things will come. Trust the timing and get ready!
For more info on Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit Linda G. Hill at:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!