I was going to write: I am so ready for retirement. But I’m not entirely ready for that leap of faith. And I’m not really going to retire.
I’m getting ready to spend more time being a writer and an artist, and helping my husband with his work at the mission and farming. So many things I want to do. And I’d still like to work at my current job part time, if possible.
Hey, Anything is possible!
I like getting ready. I like the anticipation. Like when my high school girlfriends and I were getting ready for our reunion a few years ago.
And when I got ready for my soulmate to find me.
I didn’t know it was going to be my high school sweetheart. I did know I needed to make room for my partner, by forgiving my X, and imagining the best possible partner for me, instead of being cynical. So I stopped trying to be cynical and pretending I didn’t want a partner. I watched hopeful, romantic movies like Under the Tuscan Sun.
“Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game.” I love that line!
I imagined a partner who loves dogs working in the garage with all his guy stuff. That’s how I got ready.
Now I’m getting ready to spend more time writing and doing art by doing more writing and art. Yes, I whine about there not being enough time, but I do it. I think and act in the direction I want to move in. Even if I don”t get as much sleep as I’d like.
I’m not quite ready financially to make that leap of faith, but I know that getting ready helps make things happen.
I married my high school sweetheart didn’t I?
What are you getting ready for?
Linda’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday post prompt for today was “ready.”
If you’d like to join in the fun, visit:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!