Today’s prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “ta.” As Linda G. Hill, the promptress informed us, “The word, ‘ta,’ is British slang for thank you.” We are to use it this way, or find any other word that starts with those two letters.
Well, I would like to say, ta, as in thank you, to the makers of the film, The Jungle Book. I’ve never read the entire classic by Rudyard Kipling, but I sure did read the children’s book versions to my kids over and over again when they were little. And of course I saw the Disney cartoon version when I was a child, or maybe I was a teenager. Never mind. I can see from this new movie, why the story is a classic.
I was taken aback, many times while watching the movie yesterday. Hey did you notice I used a word that started with Ta and a phrase with the initials T and A? Well, I was just taken with this movie. There were the exciting jump-out-of-my-seat scenes when the tiger, Shere Khan, came out of nowhere. And there were scenes that made me tear up, like the one with Mowgli’s wolf mother telling him that he would always be her son.
And I was awed by the scenes with the elephants who had a very special role in the movie.
Is it possible for film makers to create a movie that makes you believe that computer generated talking animals are real?
Yes. There were moments. And not only did they feel real, they had/possessed/delivered characters of resonance, honor, and lightheartedness. Bill Murray as the voice of Baloo, the bear, was endearingly clever. I just can’t say enough about how much I liked this movie. Can you tell?
It was perfect for Earth Day, or for Earth Month!
Here’s a trailer I believe you will enjoy.
If you’d like to be taken (in a good way) with the Saturday Stream of Consciousness, visit Linda’s blog here:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!