She can enthuse me, transfuse me,
The ocean can’t confuse me.
Except when she’s so full of herself
She makes a sudden drop off shelf,
Or pulls me with an undertoad
making walking such a load.
But on most days she brings me joy,
Slapping playfully like I’m her toy.
Or gives me such a sweet caress,
Her waters, oh my soul doth bless.
She tickles me with bubbles free
And makes my heart smile with glee.
The ocean makes me feel at home
Remembering my mother’s womb.
Floating in a water world
Waiting for a life unfurled,
A life with waves that knocked me down
and made me want to stay aground.
But then love taught me how to swim
So I could dive back in again.
Linda’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday post prompt for today was “enthuse.”
If you’d like to join in the fun, visit:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!