Today’s Stream of Consciousness prompt is, “accumulate.”
I’m spending the weekend in the mountains of North Carolina with my friend. It was just a coincidence that it’s the weekend of a tropical storm on the coast where I live. Water sure did accumulate there last night. My husband informed me we have some leaks in the house. Such is life. I hope the storm weakens and goes out to see and all are safe.
Here in the mountains, it’s much cooler than where I was yesterday. The clouds accumulated over the mountains last night so that I could not see the tops of the pinnacles. They just disappeared into pale grey mist.
I’m not a morning person, but this morning nature woke me early.Was it only because water had accumulated in my body and needed to be released?
Or was it for the sunrise?
The Saturday Stream of Consciousness is brought to you by Linda who has accumulated an abundance of writing streams at her place. Check them out at the link below:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!