Today’s prompt is….. “container.” We have lots of latitude as to how we use it.
My brain is a container.
Full of 64 plus years of memories,
knowledge, questions, clutter, images
Formulas, trivia, mistakes, emotions,
Successes, failures, learnings, maps……
The question is, what more shall I add?
Political news can be stressful
But it’s necessary in small and specific doses.
Music is better. Reading for pleasure is better.
Science Fiction can be a good escape,
But not so much shoot em ups
Not so much blood. Not so much cop drama….
Star Trek is always good.
Romantic comedies are warm bread.
Jeopardy is better than news.
Facebook invites stress
if I’m not careful where I go.
We can change the channel
Click the X.
Learn some new dance steps
A new song
A new path through the woods
Or a well treasured trail.
Books are good friends.
Furry friends and funny friends…
Find room for loving conversation
Making new memories to add to the old ones.
Take out the trash.
Make room for good
food for thought.
I was feeling stressed by news and FB and realized I needed to relax. Here’s my current go-to meditation. It’s about 45 minutes. The sleep part doesn’t come in til the very end, so you could watch it in sections: protection, calm, wellness, then the sleep if you want to, or just go on with your day, save the sleep for later. Sometimes I fade in and out, imprinting on Michael’s British accent.
I’m on the road for a short trip to the mountains, so will catch you later. Have a great Saturday!
For more streams of consciousness, visit our host, Linda G. Hill at:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!