My children’s beliefs vary from mine. Of course! They are different beings. Separate, individual beings. And they are adults. Technically.
I’m a little bothered by the spiritual paths my adult children walk these days. Sometimes I’m a lot bothered. If they were some one else’s kids, it wouldn’t bother me very much at all.
It helps to remember what I was like in my twenties…. but that’s another post.
Yet, as much as we vary, we have very much in common. We’re all on the tall side, we lean toward sensitivity, creativity and introversion, and we all love the earth. My children share my deep love for animals and nature.
I am thankful for that.
Isn’t it true that as humans, we are more alike than we are different?
It reminds me of this song “Russians” by Sting released in 1985 on his debut solo album: The Dream of the Blue Turtles.
We can substitute any race, nationality, or religion in the place of Russians. As people, we all love our children. We’re made that way.
For that matter, you could say,
The elephants love their children too, and
The gorillas love their children too, and
The dolphins love their children too.
Even when their children don’t agree with them.
Today’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt was: “vary/very.”
If you’d like to join in the Saturday SOC adventure, please visit:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!