I know we’re not supposed to plan our Saturday Stream of Consciousness Posts, but ever since I saw this picture, I’ve been wanting to post it on Halloween.
I just couldn’t help it when I saw today’s prompt: “strange, stranger, strangest” and thought, it fits! Princess Vader is strange.
Is it strange that in the 70s and 80s I had a crush on Darth Vader? I loved his voice, his swagger. And I knew there was good in him. I felt it, like his son, Luke.
Would I really want to be in a romantic relationship with Darth Vader? NO way! Even Anakin Skywalker was too sullen.
But I love that he turned back to the light in the end.
I love stories where it seems like things are all wrong, and then, in time, they turn out right. Kinda like my story. 🙂
I would want to be Princess Vader for a day, though. Just for pretend.
If you’d like to join in the Stream of Consciousness Saturday fun, just visit:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!