Here’s our Stream of Consciousness prompt for today:
“fall from the sky.” Write about anything that falls from the sky–real, imagined, or idiomatic. Have fun! (Linda G. Hill)
I can definitely have fun with this one.
If a meteor fell from the sky, would it squash us or bring aliens? Carnivorous flowers from my unconscious mind are snaking into this post. I want to write about fun! Rain drops fall from the sky. We need some here as it’s been dry. If tears fall from the sky, does that mean God can cry? I wouldn’t be surprised. If God laughs, would it make a rainbow? But you have to have water, rain, moisture, for a rainbow.
Before long, maple seeds will fall from the sky like miniature helicopters. Spinning with delight to sprout seedlings with seemingly little effort.
If stars fell from the sky
Would they turn into fire flies?
Why would stars fall down from the sky?
This lady knew the answer. I’m sorry she’s gone. Long gone. But she taught me to sing, and for that I am grateful.
Feeling musical, and getting back to raindrops that fall from the sky and landing on my head….
(Don’t try this without a stunt double!)
For more about Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness, visit our host, Linda Hill at:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!