Yesterday, my friend told me that when you get to be 65, you can take a class at the university for free! She didn’t know if it would count toward college credit or be an audit, but who cares?
This is something to look forward to! I could take an art class for free at the university level in five years! I took a couple of art classes in college many, many years ago, but now, I’m so much more ready!
The experience and guidance I’ve gotten over the past couple months working on the Forest of Dreams mural has been sort of like taking an art class for free. If you haven’t seen my post about the Forest of Dreams mural, please take a look. I think you’ll like it.
Update: I talked to someone from the university. The classes might not be free, but there is a discount.
Today’s Stream of Consciousness prompt was the word: “class”
You don’t need to take a class to join the Stream of Consciousness, just visit Linda Hill:
Here are the rules for SOC Saturday:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!