Deborah Drucker has perfect timing with today’s prompt: “Transcendent.”
Today, I will transcend the news of the world, but not in an abstract way. Using the definition, “surpassing the ordinary; exceptional,” I will be doing something out of the ordinary for me. This weekend, I’ll be in transit to visit my grandchildren who live 760 miles away. I wish I could use a transporter like they have on Star Trek, but I’d probably get queasy having my molecules scattered like that. Driving will be a challenge, but spending time with family who I don’t get to see often will be a welcome alternative to worldly things.
I’m not sure how much blogging I’ll be able to fit in over the next few days, but my goal is not to worry about that. I’ll be in touch with you, my dear blogging family, when I can.
Just Jot it January is hosted by Linda Hill at :
In addition to visiting Linda’s blog, I hope you’ll read Deborah’s post today which sings to my heart. https://notestiedonthesagebrush.com/2017/01/19/transcendent/
Here’s more about Just Jot It January:
1. It’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. The prompts will be posted every day at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word, but this will be where you leave your link for others to see. Make sure you link your post to the correct day’s prompt. There will be a post like this every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday, and Saturday, when you’ll find the prompt on my usual Friday Reminder post for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS).
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will be at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Even your shopping list. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge (above) in your post so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
If you’d like to look ahead to see the upcoming prompt words, click this link: https://lindaghill.com/2016/12/31/just-jot-it-january-2017-rules/ You can always write your post ahead of time and schedule it to come out on the appropriate day.