Today’s prompt for SoCS is:
“ground.” Use it as a noun or a verb in any tense (i.e. grind). Have fun!
Where we sit is holy
Holy is the ground.
Forest mountain river,
Listen to the sound.
Great Spirit circle,
All around us.
I learned that at a meditation workshop. We sang it as a chant. Then I found it in my Earth Prayers book. I miss chanting and drumming. Maybe it will happen this weekend. If not, some day. This weekend, I’m in the mountains with my son, daughter, and granddaughter. Other grands are coming with their mom tomorrow. It’s going to be a full house full of energy. Maybe we’ll sing. I sang with my daughter on the way here, harmonizing like we used to years ago on road trips. We sang “I’ll Fly Away.” And she’s teaching me a ?bluegrass song? “Wildwood Flower.” Let me see if I can find it.
My daughter wants you to know this traditional Appalachian folk song made famous by the Carter family in the late 1920s. We give it a more Celtic Women flare. Just to give you an idea of the big picture, my daughter also likes heavy metal.
Grounding music about wildflowers while in the mountains with family – it doesn’t get much better than that. I was going to write about grounding as a technique of dealing with overwhelming thoughts and emotions about the past or future by focusing on what’s going on in the present moment, but I guess the singing works just fine.
Here are some wildflowers.
It’s gonna be a busy weekend, so be patient. I have not totally forgotten your comments or posts and will catch up soon…. eventually. 🙂
For more information on the SoCS, visit Linda at
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!