Today’s SoCS prompt is: rib
Our ribs protect our heart and lungs. Have you noticed that the branches that take air to our body through our lungs, look like tree branches? The earth’s atmosphere protects all life on our planet – the planet we share with all other life on earth. Who protects the earth?
Back home in my own backyard, I am gifted with little clover flowers flourishing along with the “weeds.” Nothing is a weed if it has a flower.
And here is my amaryllis saying, Hello!
The earth is breathing hard today as I write this on Friday afternoon. High winds blow in the treetops. Where are my wind chimes? Still packed in a box somewhere. The leaves make music that sounds like waves in the ocean. This is a wondrous planet! As Earth Day approaches, celebrate the planet that gives us life. Celebrate every day you take a breath.
Please take a look at this post from Sue Dreamwalker. The song “Mother Earth” is powerful.
Can you feel her heartbeat beneath your feet?
Oh, and Happy Easter! I believe Jesus wants us to take care of these marvelous gifts from the Creator, including the gift of our own lives and each other.
For more on the Stream of Consciousness Saturday, visit Linda G. Hill at:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!