You’ve probably noticed we have a new badge. I love the colors and will enjoy using it. Congratulations to Pamela on a great job!
Have you noticed that time flies faster and faster lately. Is is just because I’m older and the toilet paper rolls faster as you get closer to the end of the roll?
Maybe that’s why I love to take pictures – to capture moments in time – proof that it happened. If not for the photos, I’d wonder, did I miss July? How did it get to be the end of August already?
I have stuff to do, but I don’t like to rush. I want to make my time count to be meaningful. What does that mean? I don’t want to waste time worrying, but I do sometimes. I want to give my time to things that feed my soul. I want to notice smiles and sunsets. More than notice, I want to soak them in, breathe the air and notice the difference between morning air and ocean air in the evening. I want to notice birds singing and dragonflies zipping around my backyard and watch them land and be still.
This one is checking out my clothespin. Probably doesn’t see many clothespins these days.
When I used to work with drug addicts they’d tell me when they got clean and sober, they started to notice things like birds singing and flowers – things they didn’t notice before. What if there are things we don’t notice because we are addicted to being busy? Sometimes the busyness is out of necessity. But is it really?
Take a moment. What do you notice? Where do you want to focus your attention?
Today’s Stream of Consciousness prompt is the word, “notice.”
To learn more, visit our host, Linda G. Hill at:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!