From Our Fearless Leader Linda G. Hill:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “cele-.” Find a word that starts with or contains “cele” and use it any way you’d like. Enjoy!
Today we are celebrating five years of SoCS! I don’t know if I’ve been here the whole five years, but close it seems. Don’t know if I’ll look it up. I’d rather just celebrate. Time flies when you’re having fun! Or time’s fun when you’re having flies! In which case you might be a frog.
It’s not like I’m having loads of fun. But I’m glad there are not many flies or mosquitoes around right now. Not yet, anyway. But spring is on the way, and that’s something to celebrate. Bugs and all.
One way I like to celebrate, besides going out to eat, is to dance. I don’t dance much in public – rarely do I do that – but I like to dance in my living room. Soon, I will be celebrating back in my own home. I will not say when, but it might be in March. The electrical is done, the walls are up and almost ready to paint, and the bathroom is tiled. I will dance in my own living room. In the meantime, I can dance in the living room that was my parents’ as I listen to the vinyl records on the old turntable. I usually listen to the Moody Blues. That would be slow-ish dancing I guess. Have to find something to dance to….
Congratulations to Linda Hill for five years of hosting the Stream of Consciousness Saturday adventure! You never know where the stream is going to lead. Thank you, Linda for our prompts that bring us together – weaving all the streams together here in Bloglandia at your place.
This is the first “celebrate” song that popped into my head. It’s got a good beat, and it’s easy to dance to. 😉
That “Happy” song came on after this. I’m dancin’ now…. Dancin in the stream…
PS. You wanna know something cool and surprising? I didn’t realize until this morning when I did some research on Kool & the Gang that they did the song, “Joanna.” I’m pretty sure I sang some of this in the mirror during my lonely years.
Do you have a song you sing to yourself?
Hey! Did you know the Muppets have a version of K&G’s “Jungle Boogie?”
If you want to join in the stream visit Linda’s link:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!