Guess who’s having a party!
Me! It’s a 70’s Book Signing Party! I wish you could all come, but here’s a taste of nostalgia.
I’m planning to sing karaoke to this. My friend Terry and I used to listen to Carole King’s Tapestry album all the time in the 70s.
The party is this evening and it’s to celebrate my book, Trust the Timing, A Memoir of Finding Love Again. But in a way, it’s like the birthday party I just didn’t feel like having when I turned 60 a year and a half ago. I guess I just wasn’t in a party mood then. I don’t know why. But now, it’s time!
I’ll be pretty busy today getting everything ready, so I won’t have much time to follow up on the Stream of Consciousness until tomorrow. After the party, I’m hoping to go to the beach and look for meteors. Shooting stars sounds more romantic though. If it’s not too cloudy. But when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me…..
But I will get back to the stream eventually. Before I take off, I have to share a song by The Guess Who, since today’s prompt is the word, “guess.” For some reason I got in my head that the Guess Who became The Who, but that’s wrong. They were two different bands. I wasn’t a huge fan of either one, just a moderate fan. But I love this song.
Now, I’m off to find some peace, love, and understanding. And I wish the same for you.
We can all use some more of that right about now.
For more Streams of Consciousness, visit Linda G. Hill’s blog:
Here are the SOCS rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!