Now here’s an interesting prompt:
…..“more than a hundred.” Write your post inspired by something you have more than a hundred of in your home right now. Enjoy!
Clothes: The first thing that came to mind was items of clothing. Shopping at thrift stores is not good for minimalizing my stuff. It’s hard to resist a pretty skirt that only costs three dollars. I know the tricks of backward hangers and all that. It’s been a while since I culled my clothing. Yuck, I don’t like the word culled…. oh well – the stream….. Let’s move on.
Bottle Caps: I collect plastic bottle caps for some art project. I guess I might have at least 200, maybe more. I played around with making a turtle a while back. Some day, I’ll really make something out of them. Oh, yeah, and the melted marbles…
Ants: I probably have more than 100 ants hiding in my house. But I don’t want to think about that. I will only deal with the ones I see. When I am my best and highest self, I scoop them up and take them outside as gently as I can, when I am at my best and highest self. That’s all I’m going to say about that. The key is cleaning up after making a peanut butter and jelly wrap, dear husband, by wiping the counter. Even if you don’t see that tiny spot of jelly, the ants will know it’s there. Okay, enough about ants already.
Pennies: Somewhere in a corner I have a big old wine bottle or two full of pennies. Why? I don’t know. But there must be well over 100 pennies. Way more.
Magazines: Some belong to my husband and some I’m saving for yet another art project – collages to be precise. This prompt is making me realize what I have to declutter.
Angels: I don’t know if I have more than 100. But my mother did. I gave away many of her angels, but I’ve kept a lot, too. If you include the angels I have on cards and artwork along with the knickknacks, there could be over 100. I’m not counting. Angels are everywhere, but you don’t always see them.
There are always some of my mimosa angel ornaments lying around, so yeah, there’s over 100. With angels, that’s okay. You can’t have too many angels.
For more streams of consciousness, visit our host, Linda Hill at:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!