Some of these are delightfully new to me. So many possibilities!
50 Calming Exercises
- Light a candle. Notice the flicker of the flame.
- Open a window.
- Watch the trees sway in the breeze.
- Breathe in fresh air.
- Record last night’s dreams in a journal.
- Smile while reading this sentence.
- Dance to a song from your teenage years.
- Belt out show tunes in the shower.
- Burn some incense. Observe the smoke bend and flow.
- Listen to spa music.
- Write a love letter to yourself.
- Lay on the ground, close your eyes, and feel the weight of gravity.
- Before going to bed, step out your front door, and count seven stars.
- Forgive someone from your past.
- Forgive yourself.
- Dim a lightbulb.
- Lie still under a pile of cozy blankets.
- Wear your favourite colour on Mondays.
- Bake a cake from scratch.
- Call a friend and tell them what you admire about them.
- Call your best friend and ask what they admire about you.
View original post 225 more words
March 2, 2023 at 9:35 pm
Yes i always remember my dreams ..thanks for sharing this calm my system. Anita
March 3, 2023 at 9:41 pm
March 3, 2023 at 10:14 am
This is a very nice list!
March 3, 2023 at 9:44 pm
I thought so too! Glad you liked it. 🙂
March 3, 2023 at 10:34 am
A great list
March 3, 2023 at 9:45 pm
I agree! Very useful! Thriving Under Pressure is a great blog. 🙂
March 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Thank you for sharing my blog post. You are a blessing my friend. ❤️❤️
March 3, 2023 at 9:46 pm
You are very welcome and a blessing, too. 🙂 ❤
March 3, 2023 at 11:45 am
This is a great list! Thanks! Have a great weekend!
March 3, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Thanks, Dave. You, too!
March 3, 2023 at 2:32 pm
Thanks for sharing, JoAnna. There are some exercises on the list that I’ve never considered. Definitely worth a try 🙂
March 3, 2023 at 9:49 pm
Same here! 🙂 “Thriving Under Pressure” is very positive and practical.
March 4, 2023 at 4:35 am
Love Andrea’s List JoAnna…. And I am delighted to know I must be pretty Calm… as I do almost all of them. LOL.. 🙂 ❤
March 4, 2023 at 4:37 pm
Good for you, Sue! 🙂 ❤ Calmness is my generally my preferred mood. They say, "Keep calm and carry on" for a reason.
March 5, 2023 at 6:40 am
Exactly JoAnna.. ❤