Today’s prompt is simply the word, “toss,” with the encouragement to use it any way we like and to enjoy!
It’s a toss up. Will I toss and turn tonight or sleep well and deeply? I think I will lean toward the latter. I’m in the mountains this weekend, and fresh air will help me sleep. That’s what Mom always said. The grand kids are here, and we’re not as cuddly as usual because of the thing. But we did a little hike this afternoon and will go on a longer one tomorrow which will be Saturday.
I’m writing this on Friday night as usual. The sky has a pink glow beyond the abundance of trees. I’ve been wanting to find a kayak to use on the nearby lake. Been looking on line and nothing is jumping out at me. Plus I
need would like to have it delivered – something I’ve never done with something that big. Craig’s list doesn’t have anything in the area. When things aren’t happening in my expected time frame, I have to remember that God might have a plan, even for something as minor as a kayak. So, I’m going to toss this desire up to God. It worked with my desire for a compatible partner.
Tossing a thing up to God does not relieve me of responsibility. I still have to look around and take care of business. I just don’t need to fret over it. Or anything. So, sometimes, the fretting goes away for a little while, until it comes back. But those moments of letting go and trusting the timing do feel good. Like taking off a heavy pack and tossing it someplace for safekeeping. Or tossing our cares to the wind so we can run free, at least for a while. When it’s time, we pick up the responsibilities that are truly ours – our actions and words, thoughts, and prayers, hopes and dreams…. perhaps for peace starting in our own minds and our own hearts.
Here’s a recent photo I took because I thought I saw angels in the sky. By the time I took the shot, they had already started to disperse. What do you see?
Happy Freedom Day!
For more streams of consciousness, visit Linda Hill at this link:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
July 4, 2020 at 11:38 am
Do the work but let go of the worry – that’s what I’ve been telling myself for awhile about some issues in my life, but it’s much easier said than done. I hope you find a great kayak.
July 4, 2020 at 9:36 pm
Do the work, but let go of the worry. I really like that! Thanks, Janet!
July 4, 2020 at 12:24 pm
Nice take on “toss”.
I see weightless feathers on a bright blue canvas… 🙂
July 4, 2020 at 9:53 pm
Thank you! Your vison is beautiful and uplifting. 🙂
July 10, 2020 at 4:21 pm
You are welcome… 🙂
July 4, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Enjoy your weekend in the mountains with your grand kids 🙂 I hesitate to celebrate this Fourth of July as “Freedom Day.” The word ‘freedom’ has been tossed around so much that it has lost it’s original meaning. Lately, even our freedoms under the First Amendment have been tossed in the bin. May the angels continue to watch over you and guide your steps ❤
July 4, 2020 at 9:59 pm
I understand. I don’t celebrate our current national or global situation, but try to enjoy the little moments of personal freedom. I hope you can, too. Thank you for the lovely blessing. May the angels comfort you with moments of peace and blessings. ❤
July 5, 2020 at 1:35 pm
July 4, 2020 at 3:17 pm
Kayaks and bikes are in high demand this summer. I hope you find something.
July 4, 2020 at 10:00 pm
Thanks, Dan. People are holding on to the ones they’ve got.
July 4, 2020 at 10:33 pm
I hope something comes along for you and that the mountain air does its job. 🙂
July 4, 2020 at 11:02 pm
Thanks, Laura. I believe I’m going to sleep well.
July 4, 2020 at 11:41 pm
Love this 💕
Letting go is of the outcome, not the choices until there.
Angel’s are always in the sky.
Love, light and glitter
July 5, 2020 at 11:10 pm
Yes! Angels are always in the sky! So glad you loved it. ❤
July 5, 2020 at 3:04 am
Live life to the fullest in the present moment!
July 5, 2020 at 11:12 pm
Yes! Thank you!
July 7, 2020 at 8:28 am
Letting go and trusting timing is definitely good. It is always nice when we are not fussing all the time. Also, I hope you find that kayak nd have tons of fun with it!
July 7, 2020 at 8:36 pm
Thank you! I’ve been told by the main sporting goods store in this little town that they’ve sold out of kayaks because there’s such a high demand this year. He took my number though. Letting go! Thank you for visiting!
July 8, 2020 at 7:29 am
Excellent take on the toss prompt. I’m so happy to read you’re relaxing in the mountains and enjoying the freedom to let go and embrace moments that heal the heart and soul. And get to sleep peacefully!! Ah ….
July 8, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Thanks, Shelley. Being outdoors in nature is definitely healing for my heart and soul.
July 9, 2020 at 7:03 am
July 8, 2020 at 8:08 am
Love that, Happy Freedom Day… And so pleased you are enjoying some Mountain air and views.. Makes us all the more appreciative of Nature and her elements of beauty and power.. I have had no trouble sleeping of late.. In fact, I am sleeping sometimes several hours in the day this week especially.. So I am just going with the flow JoAnna and not pushing myself this week to do anything much..
Stay Blessed my friend… and keep enjoying those Freedom Moments with Mother Nature and family ❤ 🙂
July 8, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Going with the flow of rest, play, and creativity, is a wonderful thing. I’m thankful to have the flexibility now. I had a wonderful hike today along the river and exchanged healing energy with the trees! May the blessings continue to you and your loved ones. ❤
July 8, 2020 at 6:17 pm
That dearest JoAnna is the very best Medicine Mother nature ever dishes out.. 🙂
July 8, 2020 at 8:28 pm