Here’s the prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “ch.” Find a word that starts with “ch” and use it as your prompt word. Bonus points if you start your post with that word. Enjoy!
Ch ch ch ch changes.
“Turn and face the strange.” __David Bowie
I think I spent too much money on this mask. But it is fun. There’s also one with a dog nose. It’s rare for me to order stuff on line or impulsively, but some of the money went to animals.
But back to the prompt and changes.
To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of change. I like routine. I’m not often spontaneous. I like comfort. But I also know that some changes can be good. Even better than good!
I hope that some of the changes that have come as a result of COVID become permanent even after the virus is long gone. For example, cities have made more streets car-free permanently as I wrote about in one of my “Good News Tuesday” posts.
I hope we permanently drive our cars less to give the planet more time and space to heal.
I hope we keep taking walks around the neighborhood. Me and my guy. It’s good to know your neighbors and the lay of the land within walking distance.
I hope we keep focusing more on healing and wellness instead of fighting wars.
I hope there will be no more “live animal markets” which have contributed to illness and suffering, and we realize that in most communities meat is not essential.
I hope we keep loving each other and helping each other and our communities.
I hope we keep appreciating health care workers, teachers, trash collectors, and essential services and remember the value of these people and what they do.
What changes do you hope will stay with us after COVID is history?
For more Streams of Consciousness, visit Linda Hill at:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!