Today’s Stream of Consciousness prompt: Take the title of the last movie you watched (just the title, not the premise of the movie), and base your post on that title.
She loved decorating her little home
With blue glass in the windows,
Feeding the birds,
Taking care of her plants,
Talking with the trees.
She loved being safe
Beyond the madding crowd,
Beyond the political angst,
Beyond conventional thinking.
Like when twisting from warrior 2
To triangle pose,
Looking up through the pine trees
Glistening in the sun,
She imagined exploring
Beyond the picket fence
Into new realms
Of star ships and adventure,
Or old realms
Of elves and wizards.
She had big ideas
For such a simple woman
Reaching beyond the dichotomy
Of good and evil,
Rich and poor,
Beyond i phones and laptops,
Beyond brand names and fashion,
Beyond religion and government.
Part of her wanted to explore,
To journey into deeper, broader dimensions.
But sometimes she settled for comfort
And wore sneakers with a skirt.
The last movie I watched was Star Trek Beyond. It’s far from my favorite Star Trek movie, but it’s fun and full of action and adventure. I wonder if it’s odd that I love nature and Jesus with a passion, but I also like science fiction. A lot. Then of course there’s The Lord of the Rings….
Another movie I watched recently was Ender’s Game. I just want to mention it because the ending surprised me with an important message. If you ever get a chance to watch Ender’s Game, make sure you watch it to the very end. Here’s a hint:
Anyway, here’s my favorite trailer for Star Trek Beyond.
Stream of Consciousness Saturday is brought to you by Linda G. Hill. For more info, visit:
Here are the rules for SoCS:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!