Julie Atkins, a freelance journalist based in Oregon, spent some time living with the homeless. She became interested in the working homeless and discovered one family living in an old school bus. This led Julie to starting the non-profit Vehicles for Change. Schools donate the buses and volunteers make them into homes. The bus homes provide mobility and hope for working families.
Learn more about how it all got started and the families in this article from People.
#WATWB is a monthly celebration of positive news stories. The world needs to know that positive news is abundant. For more WATWB stories, visit the Facebook Page
For more information, visit:
- Keep your post to below 500 words.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love, humanity, and brotherhood. Something like this news, about a man who only fosters terminally ill children.
- Join us on the last Friday of each month in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.