Today’s Stream of Consciousness prompt is “spoke.”
We had not spoken in 39 years when my high school sweetheart called me in June of 2011. My heart was all atwitter. In our first phone conversation (the second time around) I spoke clearly the thing I wanted him to know:
“I’m a tree hugger,” I told him.
“I”m a tree hugger, too,” he replied.
Did he really hug trees? I doubted it. I’ll have to ask him that, if he’s ever really hugged a tree. He didn’t know then, that I’m more like a crazy tree lady. When I hug trees, they don’t want me to let go.
Of course he clearly loved dogs, which was even more important. He had three dogs and I had two, so we had quite a houseful when he moved in a year or so later.
Trees, dogs, plants…. just some of the things I love like crazy. But I have too many plants, and I really want to de-clutter. So today I’m giving away plants at my house. Spider plant babies, snake plants, maybe a peace lily, and cuttings. It’s hard to get rid of things, but I’m learning (from my parent’s house) that it also feels good to make space. Opens up possibilities.
Later today, I’ll join the “Grandmothers for Peace” at a table for the Earth Day celebration at the park. Maybe I’ll take a couple of spider plant babies with me. 🙂
Happy Earth Day weekend!
The Saturday Stream of Consciousness is brought to you by our host, Linda G. Hill. You can find more streams at:
Here are the rules:
1.Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!