Our prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: save/safe, brought to us by Jolene Mottern who’s filling in for Linda. Thanks, Joey! You can find the details here:
Save us from ourselves. From trying to “improve” things that are already great the way they are. Save us from the “developers.” What a strange word that is to me. I like the idea of developing skills, but to “develop” the land often means to pave paradise and put up a parking lot.
I can play that on the guitar without looking at the chords. It’s really easy.
I’m enjoying the trees here in Connecticut where we are visiting family and friends for the weekend, staying in the rural outskirts of the small town my husband refers to as “Hooterville.” Lots of tree here. No need for a tree museum. I hope we can save them.
Here’s a lovely little piece of woods for hiking. I liked this sign.
Whenever I leave the house, for and errand, and especially when going on a trip out of town, I check the stove more than once. Sometimes more than twice with my ritual of checking each knob: off, off, off, off, off. Safe. Safe. Safe. Safe. Safe. God please keep my house safe. My dogs safe. Safe, safe, safe. It’s nice to travel, but I also love those days when I don’t have to leave the house at all. Those are rare days. It’s nice to have a balance.
Here are some more pictures from my hike in Pequot Woods:
Thank you for these lovely woods, Miss Lucy. I hope we keep them safe.
Here are the SOCS rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!