Today’s Stream of Consciousness prompt is “ooooh, aaaah,” provided by Dan at
“No Facilities.” Thanks, Dan for the great prompt and for filling in for Linda.
I’ve done my share of oooohing and aaaahing at fire works displays. I love them with my eyes, but my ears, not so much, and the crowds, not so much. Sparklers are nice, though. I used to have a dog that got terrified by fireworks, two dogs in fact, that would shake and hide every fourth of July.
Why can’t they make quieter fireworks?
Plenty of other things to ooooh and aaaah about though:
Ooooh contains the element of surprise and delight,
Ooooh is a dragonfly on my clothes line.
Aaaah is more relaxing, like a purring cat.
Ooooh is the way the ocean feels at the beginning of summer – cold and full of life.
Aaaaah is how the ocean feels at the end of the summer – almost warm like bath water.
Ooooh is the sunset lighting up the sky with pink and orange glowing streaks – nature’s fire works!
Aaaah is twilight when the sun has dipped below the horizon – leaving hints of lavender and indigo.
Ooooh is finding the message from my long lost love.
Aaaah is cuddling in his arms at night, the full moon coming in the window in the winter.
You’ll find more oooohing and aaaahing going on here:
The rules for Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness are:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!