Any day now, I’ll be sending my manuscript off to be formatted.
Any day now, I’ll make it to a yoga class instead of just doing a few stretches and then getting distracted by something else.
Any night now, I’ll go to bed at a decent hour.
Anything is possible!
Anyway, I’m not going to do the A to Z challenge. I admire those of you who are, but I just don’t have time to blog every day. Well, I could make the time. It could be fun…., but nah. I’ve learned that I am not a daily blogger. Twice a week works good for me, plus re-blogs. Cause besides writing, I really want to get back to painting – angels, door frames, doors… there are plenty of things that could use some paint in my house, my little old cottage.
At my age, I want to prioritize how I spend my time, because time seems to be moving faster and faster, even since I “retired,” er, quit my job – there’s still so much to do. It sounds like I’m complaining. Maybe it’s time to write that gratitude list. Hey! I know. I’ll do my own A to Z challenge in one day with a gratitude list right here, right now!
I’m thankful for:
Islands in the summertime
People who let me be me
Roads that lead to “nowhere” but they really lead somewhere.
Universal Understanding Underlying Us
World peace because it’s out there somewhere. Maybe I should have said WATER. I’m thankful for WATER!
X husband who taught me stuff I needed to learn…..
Zebras (because this is still a Stream of Consciousness.)
I just have to add that I’m also thankful for my husband, my WordPress family, food, flowers, the smell of pine and honeysuckle, a roof over my head, sunshine, sunsets, moonlight, (this could go on forever) and the time I do have! And freedom, color, music, language, compassion, the earth, healing, …..ETC!
Today’s Stream of Consciousness prompt was to start our post with the word, “any,” and is brought to you by Linda Hill at:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!