I have a love for colored glass, when the light shines through, especially blue. The first one you see above is a close up from a mosaic by Alice who goes to my church.
I collect colored glass bottles to put in my windows. The light shining through blue glass reminds me of water.
The light shining through the red robe of the Good Shepherd reminds me of the red candles I adored as a child. A memory that brought me back when the time was right.
Light through colored glass reflects richness.
We don’t need electricity to shine like jewels.
Warm thoughts to you from my travels. I’m staying with my friend who lives in the woods and has many windows to see the trees. Tomorrow I go the the Smokey Mountains, then on to see the grand kids.
I’m glad I got to use my friend’s wifi to share these photos that came in my stream of consciousness from the prompt, glass, brought to you by Linda Hill at
I’ll probably post early since I need to leave early tomorrow to continue my journey.
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!