Deborah Drucker has perfect timing with today’s prompt: “Transcendent.”
Today, I will transcend the news of the world, but not in an abstract way. Using the definition, “surpassing the ordinary; exceptional,” I will be doing something out of the ordinary for me. This weekend, I’ll be in transit to visit my grandchildren who live 760 miles away. I wish I could use a transporter like they have on Star Trek, but I’d probably get queasy having my molecules scattered like that. Driving will be a challenge, but spending time with family who I don’t get to see often will be a welcome alternative to worldly things.
I’m not sure how much blogging I’ll be able to fit in over the next few days, but my goal is not to worry about that. I’ll be in touch with you, my dear blogging family, when I can.
Just Jot it January is hosted by Linda Hill at :
In addition to visiting Linda’s blog, I hope you’ll read Deborah’s post today which sings to my heart. https://notestiedonthesagebrush.com/2017/01/19/transcendent/
Here’s more about Just Jot It January:
1. It’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list) counts as a “Jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. The prompts will be posted every day at 2am my time (GMT -5). You don’t have to follow the prompt word, but this will be where you leave your link for others to see. Make sure you link your post to the correct day’s prompt. There will be a post like this every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday, and Saturday, when you’ll find the prompt on my usual Friday Reminder post for Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS).
3. As long as your blog is on WordPress, you’ll be able to link via pingback. To execute a pingback, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! If you’re participating from another blogging host, just drop a link into the comment section. Note: The newest pingbacks and comments will be at the top.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. The prompts are here both to remind you and to inspire you to write. However, you don’t have to use the prompt word of the day. You can link any kind of jot back here. Even your shopping list. Note: If it’s 18+ content, please say so in a comment with your link.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge (above) in your post so that others can find your post more easily.
8. Have fun!
If you’d like to look ahead to see the upcoming prompt words, click this link: https://lindaghill.com/2016/12/31/just-jot-it-january-2017-rules/ You can always write your post ahead of time and schedule it to come out on the appropriate day.
January 20, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Bonjour ou bonsoir JOANNA
Par des mots simples
Je viens déposer sur ton blog
Quelques mots de bonheur et te donner de le joie en cette fin de semaine
Vois-tu je t’ emmène sur des chemins
Je les ai tracé pour toi principalement
Sur ces chemins j’ai découvert
Une pétale de rose pour effacer ta peine
Un sourire d’enfant contre une larme
Des mots que je dis à ceux que j’apprécie
Dont tu fais réellement
je te souhaite un bonne journée ou soirée
Je tire ma révérence LOL tu me troubles que j’en perds mon équilibre
January 21, 2017 at 6:50 am
Merci, Bernard. 🙂
January 20, 2017 at 10:30 pm
Have a great trip and visit. That is quite a distance to drive but great to see your grandkids I am sure. 🙂
January 21, 2017 at 2:06 am
Thanks , Deborah. I’m breaking the trip up into three parts. Tomorrow, I’ll stop in the NC mountains.
January 21, 2017 at 2:32 am
Sounds like a good idea and the mountains sound beautiful. 🙂
January 20, 2017 at 10:33 pm
Enjoy your stay with your grandchildren 🙂
January 21, 2017 at 2:06 am
Thank you! 😊
January 20, 2017 at 11:28 pm
Road trip! Stay safe and enjoy yourself.
January 21, 2017 at 6:02 am
Thanks, John. Will do!
January 21, 2017 at 12:07 am
January 21, 2017 at 6:49 am
Thank you, Naomi.
January 21, 2017 at 7:34 am
Safe trip, JoAnna! See you when you get back. 😀
January 21, 2017 at 7:39 am
January 21, 2017 at 12:53 pm
Have a safe trip and enjoy your moments with them
February 1, 2017 at 3:44 am
Thank you, Jacqueline. I did enjoy being with my grandchildren, very much!
February 1, 2017 at 1:26 pm
I can imagine 🙂
January 21, 2017 at 5:38 pm
February 1, 2017 at 3:45 am
Thanks for the smile!
January 21, 2017 at 10:39 pm
Enjoy your time with them JoAnna 🙂 Have a great holiday!
February 1, 2017 at 3:45 am
Thank you, Prajakta. 🙂
January 31, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Have a great holiday…. 👍 http://wp.me/p8g2rs-31
I hope you like my blog
February 1, 2017 at 3:47 am
Thank you, Monika. It’s always interesting to learn about different cultures and ideas.
March 22, 2018 at 1:56 am
An interesting discussion is worth comment. I think that
you ought to publish more about this topic, it may not
be a taboo subject but typically folks don’t speak about these topics.
To the next! All the best!!
March 22, 2018 at 9:22 am
Thank you for commenting. I’ll consider your suggestion. Best wishes to you!