As you can see, I decided this blog could use a fresh coat of paint. Let me know what you think. It won’t stay exactly like this, because the colors won’t go with the book I’m going to be putting on the side bar. My book colors are more browns and tans, but for now, I’m staying with the blue cause I like my header photo.
Here are some ideas I have come up with for the book cover. (The one that’s just a road in the trees would be the border. I can’t figure out how to post the one I created in publisher)
I’m working on a painting for the back cover that will be a silhouette with a tree and dogs at the bottom. I’ll show you that when I get it done. Dogs are big supporting actors in the book. If the painting turns out good enough, it might even be the cover.
This is all such a new experience, pulling these elements together. But it’s fun. And I love playing around with color. I am looking forward to something a little simpler, though. I just got two windows put in the back of my house which is old, and I’ll have to paint around the window where the drywall was repaired. But that will be fun.
Today’s prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday and Just Jot it January was the word, coat. To learn more and read more, visit Linda Hill’s blog at:
Here are the rules for SoCS:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!