Yes, to the Stream of Consciousness!
Yes! It’s time to move forward.
I’ve taken a break and licked my wounds.
Now it’s time to jump back in the stream.
But, but, but….
I have so many streams going on
So many things I want to do.
Irons in fire
Burning, smouldering, steaming…
Here’s the deal:
I will not say yes to anything I have not already said yes to.
That means I have to say no to some things.
Or I can say, not right now, maybe later.
When the time is right,
When he asked me to marry him,
Under the full December moon
Of almost four years past,
I said, “You have to get down on one knee.”
Did I see an eye roll
hidden in that smile?
But he did it anyway.
And I said,
Today’s Stream of Consciousness prompt and post was affirmatively brought to you by
Linda G. Hill. Visit, https://lindaghill.com/2016/11/18/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-nov-1916/ for a treat!
Linda said we get bonus points if we use the prompt: “yes” at the beginning and the end of our post. Yes! I get bonus points! Can I cash them in, or do I simply celebrate? Yes! Hey, it feels good to say, yes!
Here are the SoCS rules:
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!