But it’s a soft pressure, a nudge, a tickle, a gentle kick in the butt, if there is such at thing, to get moving on my goals. One of my first goals, since I’ve cut back on my old job, is to create a website from my WordPress blog.
As some of you know from yesterday’s post, I pressed the buy button on a domain name with my name not realizing it would automatically replace joannaoftheforest. If I’d know it would do that, and by it, I mean WordPress, I would have warned you. Fortunately, it seems that you can still find me, or so I surmise from yesterday’s comments.
From what I gather from a brief tutorial on YouTube, I will need to make a static home page. Maybe I’ll rename my blog page, and then add a home page that is static. Obviously, I need to study this process more and look at themes that are more website looking. For someone who has for years referred to herself as “low tech,” I’m not all that panicked by this task. I created a website for my church, but this seems a little trickier at this point. It’s probably one of those things that turn out to be relatively simple after it’s all done.
To all my followers and visitors, I want to impress upon you this message like a verbal massage:
For bearing with me as I go through these challenging, exciting steps!
Today’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt was:
Brought to you by, Linda:
Feel free to join in the fun of SOC. No pressure.
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
(The first two pictures are from pixabay under the topic: massage. The bottom picture is my own and is a gift to you.)