I know we’re not supposed to plan our Saturday Stream of Consciousness Posts, but ever since I saw this picture, I’ve been wanting to post it on Halloween.
I just couldn’t help it when I saw today’s prompt: “strange, stranger, strangest” and thought, it fits! Princess Vader is strange.
Is it strange that in the 70s and 80s I had a crush on Darth Vader? I loved his voice, his swagger. And I knew there was good in him. I felt it, like his son, Luke.
Would I really want to be in a romantic relationship with Darth Vader? NO way! Even Anakin Skywalker was too sullen.
But I love that he turned back to the light in the end.
I love stories where it seems like things are all wrong, and then, in time, they turn out right. Kinda like my story. 🙂
I would want to be Princess Vader for a day, though. Just for pretend.
If you’d like to join in the Stream of Consciousness Saturday fun, just visit:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
October 31, 2015 at 2:02 pm
I know its fast but I really did read it! Now that’s a strange crush!
October 31, 2015 at 2:41 pm
Yeah. I guess it was a strange crush. I was young and a little strange. Now, I’m just a little strange. But I have moved on. The dark side no longer entices me. Not so much, anyway.
October 31, 2015 at 2:10 pm
That kid pic is so CUTE! 🙂
October 31, 2015 at 2:42 pm
I know. I couldn’t resist sharing her unique sense of style!
October 31, 2015 at 4:39 pm
Princess Vader is awesome! And how could you not love the voice of James Earl Jones, even with the gasping Vader-ness thrown in? Happy Halloween!
October 31, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Another strange thing is that your blog is on GMT (I think), so it look to me like I posted four hours from now! 😉
October 31, 2015 at 5:28 pm
That’s it! It’s not Vader’s voice I was in love with. It was James Earl Jones! Now I feel better. I’ll have to look into the time thing, thanks for calling it to my attention. Happy Halloween!
October 31, 2015 at 4:58 pm
I would imagine the dark side could be fun for a day.
October 31, 2015 at 5:31 pm
Yes. With a few basic safeguards in place. 😉
October 31, 2015 at 5:43 pm
A feminine Darth Vader, now I have seen almost everything! 😀
November 1, 2015 at 9:40 am
JoAnna, I think I’d like to do the SoCS but I understand what a pingback is or how it works. You sort of explained but I still don’t get it. And my laptop doesn’t have a hashtag on the keyboard.
November 1, 2015 at 6:17 pm
Thanks for asking. I’m pretty low tech, too, but that might help. I think a ping back is just a fancy way of saying a link that goes back to the source. In this case the source would be Linda Hill’s post which announces the prompt on Friday. You can click on the link in this post just above the list of “rules” to get to our last prompt. Before you highlight and copy the link/address for the post you want to ping back to, make sure you’ve opened Linda’s post for that week and not just the home page. (I learned from my mistake.) Then you paste that link/address into your post. You have to then highlight what you pasted and click on the link icon up on your wp toolbar to activate the link. Sheesh. It is a lot of steps. I hope I haven’t confused you. If so, you could google “ping back” or enter it into the wp help box. The hashtag is also the number sign, I think. Looks like # . I hope that helps and hope to see your SoC post sometime, Garland.
November 1, 2015 at 8:20 pm
Thanks. I’ll give it a go.
November 3, 2015 at 9:41 am
I love the kid in the picture 🙂 Too cute! And, ah. I haven’t yet seen Star Wars. A bunch of such ignorant friends are planning a weekend movie night of it sometime. Hopefully I will be enlightened!
November 3, 2015 at 11:55 am
November 4, 2015 at 3:07 am
I love Princess Vader and everything she stands for! 😀 I’m happy I was able to give you a prompt that went with your idea for a post. It was a delightful one, JoAnna! 😀
May 4, 2020 at 6:58 pm
Reblogged this on Anything is Possible! and commented:
May the 4th be with you! I just had to share this one again. 🙂