Well, this is embarrassing.
I totally missed Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness post because I went to September 2014 instead of the correct September prompt which was to use the word: “eat”
Does this mean I get to eat crow? I don’t think so, I’m trying to be a vegetarian, or at least a pescatarian which means I do eat fish occasionally.
I’m eating homemade vegetable soup as I write this. It’s part of nurturing myself, since I came home from church today feeling a little under the weather and slept ALL afternoon. I have a busy 10 days coming up with being in charge of the Blessing of the Animals on Saint Francis Sunday, October 4, and then, that same day, I’ll be flying halfway across the country to see my grandchildren. I guess that could be an excuse for going to the wrong prompt. Or maybe I just wanted to write about my sweetheart, in “First Love.”
Anyway, thank you to Joanne Corey at https://topofjcsmind.wordpress.com/for telling me I got the wrong prompt. Like I had just eaten spinach and had some between my teeth. What are friends for, right?
Guess I have some catching up to do!
If you’d like to jump into the stream, start here: (not last year.)
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!