Linda’s prompt for today is “almost.” This is almost too easy, because I’m at such an almost place in my life, getting ready for a leap of faith. A big change, hopefully within the next 12 months.
I’m excited, and almost scared.
I’ve cut back on my hours as a substance abuse counselor to 30. That’s the magic number where you can still get benefits: vacation time, sick time (I have almost 400 hours accumulated) and the
all too important health insurance.
In my spare time, I’ve started doing more art work and have even sold a few pieces. My manuscript is almost ready to get serious about publishing, one way or another.
I’m almost 6o years old! OMG, I’ll be 60 in just over 6 months!
So does all this talk of “almost” hold back the law of attraction? Some people say we should speak the desires of our hearts as if they are already here now, so as not to keep them at “almost” distance. But I won’t be almost 60 forever. It will happen, God willing for me to live that long, and I believe I will because, God knows, I have plans!
And God has already shown me miracles by bringing the love of my life back to me at just the right time. God has perfect timing.
Still, it’s good to recognize that I am an artist now. I am a writer now! I’m writing right now! Life is unfolding exactly as it is supposed to. I’m right where I need to be.
If you’d like to join in the fun and spontaneity of Saturday’s Stream of Consciousness posting, visit:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!