I really should go to bed earlier. Well, I go to bed, but I stay up and read blogs or write of look at Facebook…. Should I write this SoC post tonight? Or wait til tomorrow which will be Saturday, though technically it will be Saturday here in just 20 minutes.
Saturday night or Sunday morning, we will “Spring forward” and set the clocks ahead, for daylight savings time. I will then “lose” an hour. I can’t afford to lose an hour! I don’t have enough time as it is!
Okay, don’t go crazy about that, I tell myself. It’s only one hour. Then I’ll have more daylight! Because I’m saving daylight. What if you could save daylight in a bottle? Like saving time in a bottle?
So, anyway, I’m not a morning person. I’m a night person. I’ve always preferred to stay up late. When I can. When my kids were little, was the only time I’d go to sleep early. Because I’d run out of go juice.
I wonder if I go to sleep and write this post after that, if it will be better. I don’t think I like it much. I mean, where is it going? It really is stream of consciousness though – more so than I’ve ever done before. But it feels like I’m just rambling.
I suspect there are more night owls blogging than there are early risers. Why? I don’t know.
So, I ask you: Are you a night owl or an early riser?
Where ever you go, there you are.
If you stay up late, you might go far
Into the world of jibberish space
Where you very often lose your place.
But you can always jump back in
the Stream of Consciousness again.
Today’s Stream of Consciousness post was inspired by the prompt: “go”. If you’d like to join in, go here: http://lindaghill.com/2015/03/06/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-march-715/
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!