Our stream of consciousness post today, from Linda Hill’s substitute teacher, Pavowski, is the word: “back.”
As I sit here, it’s hard to ignore my back, which coincidentally has a sore muscle. I have no idea why, but every now and then, there’s a muscle that starts to ache, lately on one side or the other, then it turns into little spasms. Not incapacitating, but quite distracting, and limiting my ability to turn and look behind me when I’m driving and want to back up or change lanes.
Thankfully these mysterious aches always go away in a few days with those heat rubs and a little TLC and maybe some ibuprofen. Yesterday I used a herbal patch that helped a lot, but the annoying ache is back again this morning.
I write this on Friday so I can post Saturday morning. No that’s not cheating! It’s okay to do your homework the day before its due. It just so happens that today, 12/12, is my birthday. So with my back and my birthday, I’m going back to my annual tradition of a birthday massage. Because I deserve it!
I wonder if my back is doing this every couple of months because I’m not in the best shape. I used to due -I’m leaving this typo because I’m due for some- yoga regularly and have gained at least ten pounds since getting married two years ago. And there is that age thing creeping steadily up now as close to 60 as it could be without being there. One more year of not being 60. I’m okay with the number. Just being silly. I do have to get back to taking better care of myself. It seems that as our bodies age, we have to work harder at taking care of our health.
So, back to stretching and yoga and mindful eating. EVERY DAY.
…..and loving my body with kind words instead of irritated complaints.
If you’d like to join the Saturday Stream of Consciousness prompt response, go here:
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” or “Begin with the word ‘The’.”
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments, for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. Have fun!
December 13, 2014 at 3:33 pm
Happy birthday! Hope that massage went well 🙂
December 13, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Thank you! Yes, the massage was great and relieved the pain for a while. Now it’s back but greatly reduced. My body feels better in general. I will continue to feel better and better as I take better care of myself.
December 13, 2014 at 5:48 pm
Reblogged this on Loving Me, Too and commented:
Feeling better as I take better care of myself.
December 13, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Happy Birthday! The message sounds like a nice idea.
December 13, 2014 at 7:35 pm
Thanks Deborah. It was a nurturing day. 🙂
December 13, 2014 at 6:19 pm
As a sufferer of some chronic foot issues over the last couple of years, I feel (some of) your pain. And yeah, it’d be hard not to read the prompt in that way given your situation. Hope you find some relief!
December 13, 2014 at 7:31 pm
Thanks Pav. Feeling better. Best wishes with the foot issues. Thanks for the prompt too.